ArtSS is a 501(c)(3) organization operated solely by volunteers, sponsors, and supporters and is governed by a 15-member Board of Directors. The 2017/2018 board members include:
Randy Young, President
Christine Heller, Secretary
Nick Quintana, Treasurer
Art Sandy Springs was incorporated in 2008 to enrich public art in Sandy Springs. Since then it has impacted the community in several ways, including;
- Creating the Playable Art Park in conjunction with the Sandy Springs Conservancy, Northside Hospital, and the City of Sandy Springs,
- Adding sculptures throughout the City’s public landscape in such places as the Sandy Springs Library and procuring plants and maintaining the Sandy Springs Library Garden,
- Promoting community-wide reading through the Sandy Springs Reads program in conjunction with the Friends of Sandy Springs Library (FOSSL),
- Creating and maintaining 32 planters and greenery along Roswell Road in Sandy Springs,
- Encouraging and celebrating visual arts at the Sandy Springs Festival through the Chalk Walk Competition in conjunction with Heritage Sandy Springs,
- Celebrating and supporting local, state, and national artists at the Bows ArtSS Bash,
- Hosting a community-wide children’s talent show, “Showstoppers” with Act 3 Productions,
- Promoting and celebrating visual, performing, literary, and culinary arts with ArtSSpring, a month-long celebration of the arts signified by the hanging of green bows on mailboxes and other venues throughout the City,
- Judging a “spirit of Sandy Springs” window display contest with the City of Sandy Springs, and
- Creating a mural at the Morgan Falls intramural fields through Hawks on the Wall in partnership with the Atlanta Hawks.
Today ArtSS has hundreds of members and is delighted to announce that it is partnering with the City of Sandy Springs to host an annual sculpture competition. The finalists’ sculptures will be displayed in the park at City Center before being placed in their permanent homes throughout the City. Visit www.artsandysprings.org regularly for updates on how you can be part of this worthwhile project for the Sandy Springs community.